In my book Poor Widow Me I wrote a 10 Stupid Things People Say About... for each chapter topic. This is how I end each chapter.
Since the holidays are creeping up this one is for Holidays. If anyone has any to add, please let me know and I'll blog it here.
And, please let me know which one of these is your favorite. Is this an assignment? Sure sounds like one. Ahhhh...I hate assignments. Don't do it!
Love & kisses,
10 Stupid Things People Say To Widows
1. "Sad, no gift from your husband. Well, you always returned
his present, anyway."
2. "Why don't you throw away all the ornaments and start fresh?"
3. "The holidays will never be the same for you."
4. "What if you meet someone? Will he sit in your husband's seat?"
5. "I know how you feel. My dog died the day before Thanksgiving."
6. "He ate like a horse. You may need a smaller turkey. Just kidding..."
7. "Isn't Christmas music depressing to you?"
8. "You're relieved? Why? The holidays aren't over until after New Year's."
9. "I can tell you now. I never cared for his Christmas sauce."
10. "You're keeping this big house for the once a year you host a